Scott & Shackleton’s Antarctic Ross Sea Polar Expedition
22 January -13 February 2023
This Ponant Cruise from Dunedin to Hobart has now SOLD OUT in all cabin categories, however the great news is that The Private Travel Company are holding a small number of cabins on this sailing.
This is a wonderful, close to home expedition with no long-haul international travel required. Just a short hop home from Hobart at the end of your adventure! You can extend your stay in Tasmania if you wish.
COVID – if this cruise is unable to operate due to border restrictions it is fully refundable. If you are interested in this cruise, I will supply details of the full Covid policy.
The cruise line is Ponant a French specialist small ship exploration company; the ship Le Soleal is one of their four Expedition Sisterships.
These are small ships offering adventure in a luxury setting. Attentive service provided by an excellent ratio of staff to guests, experienced and expert expedition guides, room service, French cuisine, and wines, with an open bar. Toast your first iceberg on deck or from your private balcony with French Champagne!
The smaller number of guests allows more time ashore. In Antarctica you can only have one hundred people onshore at any one time to ensure that the high standards of environmental protection can be maintained. Larger ships do mean less time on land!
While some guests are ashore, others will explore by zodiac or attend lectures or simply relax and take in the spectacular surroundings from the comfort of the ship.
To learn about Le Soleal, your expedition home please visit this site for general information and images of the ship facilities and Deck Plans.
We have secured space in Deluxe Staterooms and the Prestige Staterooms on Deck 4. These cabins are surplus to a groups requirement and once booked we will be unable to secure additional cabins. Please let me know as soon as you can which cabin you are interested in and I will secure this in your name for two business days while you make your final decision.
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing a Twin or Double Cabin.
We have one Single available at approximately 30% surcharge.
Prices are in Australian Dollars and will be converted to
New Zealand Dollars at the exchange rate applicable at time of payment.
Deluxe Stateroom. AUD $36,300 per person.
Prestige Stateroom. AUD $40,350 per person.
Both cabins are the same size at 18sqm plus balcony. They offer the same amenity, comfort, and the same inclusions. The difference is that the Deluxe Cabins have a single hinged swing door and a picture window opening to your balcony. The Prestige Cabins have floor to ceiling windows with a sliding ‘ranch-slider’ door. This does allow for better viewing of the great outdoors and gives the cabin a lighter and more spacious feel.
Please visit this link for details of the cabins.
Inclusions on this expedition.
Included – Dunedin to Hobart
- All meals while on board the ship (from dinner on the day of embarkation to breakfast on the day of disembarkation)
- Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Port charges ($1,040 AUD per person included)
- Wines, house champagne, alcohol except premium brands – Premium option own cost
- Evening entertainment and events
- Room service 24h (special selection)
- Gratuities (prepaid and included in your cost $18 AUD per person per day)
- Highly qualified expedition team
- Zodiac landings
- Park entry fees into protected areas
- Complimentary boot rental (except for guarantee deposit)
- Polar Parka for you to keep
- Photo tuition provided by Lesley Whyte, including photo processing, Lightroom and Photoshop sessions
- Any ground services/flights before and/or after the cruise other than the ones mentioned (details are available upon request) – note this journey is Dunedin – Hobart
- Visa expenses (which may include additional administrative charges imposed by the authorities of a country) and/or immigration reciprocity taxes if applicable.
- Luggage handling
- Optional Spa package to be booked prior your departure
- Beverages other than the ones mentioned
- Laundry services, hair salon and à la carte Spa treatments
- Personal expenses, on board medical consultations and drug prescriptions
- Cancellation/luggage/assistance/repatriation/medical insurance(s)
- Travel insurance suitable for this type of expedition is required – I can assist and provide a quote
- You will require approval closer to departure from your medical practitioner due to the remoteness of the location
- Details on what is required for COVID-19 vaccination and pre-departure negative status to be provided.